We are delighted to announce that our New Boarding House Development scheme at St. Paul's Cathedral School is shortlisted in this year's RIBA London Regional Awards.
A big thank you to our wonderful client and project team for making it such a success:
- Client: St. Paul's Cathedral School
- Architect: Kilburn Nightingale Architects
- Structural engineer: Price and Myers
- Main contractor: Borras Construction
- Services engineer: CBG Consultants
- Stonework: Szerelmey
- Joinery: Furniture Manufacturing Group
- Steelwork, including new steel staircase: Alpine Group
- Ironmongery: Allgood
- Cross laminated timber: B&K Structures
- Playground play structure: Play Equip
- Glazing and perforated metal screens: Enhanced Glazing Systems
The project comprises a reorganisation of a central London school to provide a new-build boarding house for the choristers which links an existing 1960s Grade II* school building on one side, and a Grade I listed church tower to the other, as well as renovation of parts of the existing buildings to provide staff flats, 3 new classrooms, a refurbished and extended dining hall, and an IT room. The existing playground has also been reconfigured and extended with a new play structure under the new boarding house and additional play area on the roof of the dining hall extension.
A full list of the shortlisted projects is available on the Architects' Journal website. Winners are announced in the Spring.
A review of the project by Jay Merrick with photographs by Nick Kane was featured earlier in the year in the Architects' Journal, available here.